What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf in Scotland

gblwy

Well Known Member
A brief weather respite from a dreadful summer (and from the Olympics). The portacabin about 30 yards behind the plane canopy is the driving range at the Royal Dornoch course, one of the championship links courses in Scotland. I reckoned this was close enough to walk ;)

28jfgba.jpg

http://www.royaldornoch.com/

Oh, and I had to fly over the Cairngorms to get there. 100 mile viz.

15hncs6.jpg

Cheers...Keith

From space too...

Recently Alvin Drew, shuttle/space-station astronaut, gave a talk at our flying club. He, too, said that he had to come to Scotland to see what the ground looked like. He showed us pictures of Europe taken from the space-station with Scotland enveloped in cloud ;-)

There's more fun than golf here. If you zoom out the Google Satellite image (link above) to 1 mile altitude you will see a piece of scrub land just across the water to the south of the golf course. This is the Tain Range - an RAF fast jet bombing range, heavily used during the week, so golfers are constantly put off their shots by Tornados and the like screaming overhead...

Don't know what this has to do with RV12s - sorry moderators.

Cheers...Keith

Last edited:
In my opinion

Even if they hadn't invented golf, Scotland would be worth visiting just for the Brewdogs Hardcore IPA, not to mention Brewdog's Tokyo. Royal Dornoch is far and away my favorite golf course there. Your photo makes me jealous

Back