What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling all builder newbies

caapt

Well Known Member
EAA Chapter 323 (Sherman) is building an RV14A. Anyone wanting to get some building experience or questions is welcome. We are currently working on the tail. We are working, on average about 5 days a week. If this is something you are interested in give us a call.

I 469-215-1110

Leave a message and we'll get back to you

Frank Connery

EAA Chapter 323 (Sherman) is building an RV14A. Anyone wanting to get some building experience or questions is welcome. We are currently working on the tail. We are working, on average about 5 days a week. If this is something you are interested in give us a call.

I 469-215-1110

Leave a message and we'll get back to you

Frank Connery

That's interesting. Chapter 179, the local chapter I'm in, was building a -12, but I understand from the 179 president that the chapter was informed by EAA that chapters can't own aircraft. I don't know the background, or why this would be, but that's what I was told. You might want to check this out with EAA sometime next year...

It's not the chapters plane

The chapter is building it. One of our members is paying for everything and when it's finished, he owns the airplane. I've been disappointed in the lack of interest from the area. I thought we would have several visitors from the metroplex. Still hoping the word will get out.

The chapter is building it. One of our members is paying for everything and when it's finished, he owns the airplane. I've been disappointed in the lack of interest from the area. I thought we would have several visitors from the metroplex. Still hoping the word will get out.

Now that's an innovative way to get something done, with experienced, knowledgeable people keeping an eye on the build. Maybe I can get my chapter to do something similar with my -14. Thanks for the idea!

I'd love to help but not when diesel is >$5/gallon ... a >100mi round trip from Dallas is a little rough. I will reach out to you when prices drop.

Where is it being built? Might be fun to fly up for a day every now and then if you're at an airport hangar..

Back