What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to open Andair gacolator?

Bevan

Well Known Member
Seems silly but I cannot remove the bowl of my andair gascolator. Seems that it or my brain has seized. I'm turning the bowl to the left when looking at it from the bowl side. Is this correct?

I have the square part of the body in the vise. The bowl is tapered so I can't grip it with any tool but my hand.

I've also tried turning the ring but it seems to have stops so it only moves 1/4 inch but then stops dead. Looks like the bowl screws onto the ring.

Andair's website FAQ, contact and documents pages are inop today.

Is there a trick or any suggestions? I bought this used, have no paperwork or prior experience with it and want to inspect the whole thing prior to install.

Bevan
Feeling useless today:confused:

It's a bayonet ;)

Loosening the outside screw ring (which would be wire locked in place) allows the bowl to be pushed up a little, turned say 10? 30? degrees and then pulled off (down)... I think :D

Hope that helps...

Andy & Ellie Hill
RV-8 G-HILZ

I used to have one, the bowl nut can be a bear to get off especially if it was over-tightened with no anti-seize. Sounds like you are doing it correctly, the retainer screws off CCW looking at it from the top. The perfect tool to remove would be a cannon plug pliers but a large slip joint pliers with a rag should also work.

Last edited:
Back