What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Targa strip alternatives

Cth6

Well Known Member
My fiberglass targa departed shortly after climbing out of the Cincinnati area on the flight to Florida after I purchased her. If you live near Harrison and found one in your back yard this spring, let me know, I may know where it came from. :)

Good news was it missed everything aft when it departed. I do have a whistle in that area at certain cruise air speeds, so I am exploring my options.

I could build a new fiberglass one or make on out of metal, plenty of posts about that. I have been looking to see if there are other material options, abs for example, as well as some kind of gasket that I could use to fill the gap in lieu of a targa strip. The area under the targa is not as finished as the rest of the aircraft, but I could easily cover it with a simple vinyl strip to match the paint.

Did anyone go an alternative way on the targa? If you didn’t go with a targa, how are you dealing with the gap and any associated noise?

Back