What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It's Done: Presenting RV ZULU X

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
RVators,

After 3 years and 1743 Hours, allow me a minute of fame to showcase my RV10 Build. I am proud how she came out :)

All the build detail (from beginning to end) is in the 43pages of build log over here: http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=48930&p=1096901#p1096901

Presenting ZU-LUX (aka RV ZULU X (X = roman ten))
ZU-LUX-01.jpg

I am happy how my interior came out too.
ZU-LUX-05.jpg

Little RV Zulu 7 next to its new Big Brother RV ZULU 10
ZU-LUX-04.jpg

The Panel while she was still in the garage, side upholstery covering the wires weren't installed at the time the picture was taken.
Panel_1.jpg

Got the PFA (proving flight authority) today, so Test flight this weekend if the WX holds. I already got the RV Grin, and I haven't even flown her yet :D

Kind Regards
Rudi

Stunning!

Rudi,
Let me be the first to tell you,
She is stunning, a real beauty!
Congratulations.

Nice

Looks GREAT Rudi!!

Nice to see another one join the fleet.

Question I get now is "Whatchya gonna build now".....

so how do YOU answer that one?:D

She looks great Rudi. You need to get her to the states and put her on tour. I'll buy you a steak. :)

Sweet!

You'll never expect yourself to be so in love! Believe me, the relationship gets stronger with every hour on the Hobbs.:)

Congratulations,

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudi, good looking plane you have created.

Good luck with the test flying, wishing you smooth sailing :D

No wonder we didn't hear from you for a while you've been busy. Nice, very nice! Time to explore the continent :)

Speedy Builder

What a beautiful aircraft. I am amazed at the few number of hours you took to build this flying machine. Mine took considerably longer and not nearly as impressive!
Randy Means
120 Hours and counting
N595RV

Hi Guys, Thank you for your kind comments!

What a beautiful aircraft. I am amazed at the few number of hours you took to build this flying machine. Mine took considerably longer and not nearly as impressive!
Randy Means
120 Hours and counting
N595RV

Hi Randy, mine is from a QUICK BUILD, so it might explain the difference in hours.

Regards
Rudi

Rudi,

Looks great!

Since I am working on this at the moment on my RV-10 it caught my eye. With the McMaster Carr style door seals, do you have any concerns about air coming in around the hinge recess area creating wind noise?

I'm in the process of using a piece of extra fiberglass to make that transition smooth and the seal has something to push against when the door is closed. The only downside I see with my approach is that the pocket I create may be a good collector of rain. But then I realized that the pocket will dump any collected rain every time the door is opened. :eek: Since I don't plan in flying in rain often, I don't think it will be a problem.

Bob

Beautiful detail. The reflection of the flap line in the red paint across the rivet in the second photo says it all.

-

You don't know me yet, Rudi, but I've been a fan of yours for a long time. You've done it again. VERY nice work! Hope to meet you someday.

Back