VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-6/6A (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Show us a picture of your FINISHED RV-6/6A! (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=1511)

RickWoodall 04-19-2008 02:54 PM

I agree

I second that. I have found Laird Owens i believe that sells a nice panel like that, but.....I am doing a 9a tip up and cannot find a great modular panel. SOMEONE find one and sell it to me. Those are great. Check out mike schippers 9a site. That has to be one of the nicest mods you can put on a build. They really dress up the plane beautifully. Suppliers and entrepreneurs get on it.

groucho 04-19-2008 05:43 PM

Markus, that's gorgeous!

rvator51 05-04-2008 04:56 PM

Mounted the left and right wings to the fuselage this weekend.
Now have to get the fuselage and wings jigged so can drill the hole in the rear spar attach bracket.

donwmack 06-18-2008 12:52 AM

Painted plane - still in parts

I had my plane painted by a local friend with a body shop.

I fly RC planes for fun too so I wanted a look that was part RC, part antique.<

Hope to be putting the wings on shortly.

Don Mack
N708CM
my website

MNellis 06-20-2008 09:39 PM

The plane looks great Don. It's funny though, it seems to resemble a certain Ercoupe that you used to own. :)

It's great to see you're almost there. Your first long distance flight need to be down here to Austin. :)

Good luck.

Mike

Tram 07-06-2008 09:58 PM

Baby got new pants!

scottp1111 07-15-2008 09:15 PM

Scott Penton's N23412

Here is my RV ! Many Mods !

I recently installed the Vetterman exhaust im really am liking it so far.

Sorry about the size of the pics can someone tell me how to scale them down?
The Catto 3 blade will be installed shortly and many more things just waiting to be bolted on.

Bill Riggs 07-21-2008 07:53 AM

I am the proud owner as of Jan. 2008 of Robbie Attaways RV-6
Flew it home from Phoenix AZ after the purchase in approx 9 hrs of flight time
to my home base of Louisa, VA. (LKU)
As you must know I am enjoying the airplane beyond my expections. There are three other RV-6's at LKU
so you can imagine how much fun we are having on weekends.
Drop in we are ususally there every weekend.

Bill

Rick6a 07-21-2008 10:10 AM

Cost Conscious

With 220 TT, my -6A "Darla!" has been flying for over 3 years now. I decided to maintain a (mostly) Nuvite polished
aluminum finish not so much to save weight but mainly because my wife balks at endorsing a multi-thousand
dollar paint job. What is painted was done over a couple of years by bringing parts home from time to time to apply
Acry-Glo. That kept down time to a minimum and is one reason I made the empennage tips removable with
screws and nutplates.

dmeloche 07-23-2008 08:21 PM

Some pictures of my RV6 (hopefully it will work) after I flew it from Philly to Moses Lake Wa. I was trying to get to Seattle but had to settle for Moses Lake for a couple of weeks waiting for Puget Sound weather to cooperate.

Doug Meloche
RV6 230hrs