What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-7 Status Update - Wiring Diagram

N890GF

I've been working on my build for 6 years, and I've had my wiring diagram made for some time now. I've finally begun assembling my harnesses and measuring wire runs. It's been a blast. For me, the big thing was hitting a dry spell where I was burned out on building airframe parts, but what has brought me back is all the avionics work and planning and integration. So far, its been my favorite part!

Feel free to scrutinize my wiring diagram, or check out my build site.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JV4OLnBIEv3oUGYCgCcBTsAO_wHbixvj/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I have to agree. Planning the electrical and wiring, measuring and installing the harness wire by wire, making each connector and shield ground, and then turning it on and watching everything light up the first time, was one of the most rewarding parts of this project. Working on the electronics was always a nice break from "flute, cleco, drill, deburr, dimple, scuff, prime, cleco, rivet, repeat." Hard to believe I ran (and labeled) 400 circuits through this thing. N12VD schematic

Agree

I have to agree. Planning the electrical and wiring, measuring and installing the harness wire by wire, making each connector and :Dshield ground, and then turning it on and watching everything light up the first time, was one of the most rewarding parts of this project. Working on the electronics was always a nice break from "flute, cleco, drill, deburr, dimple, scuff, prime, cleco, rivet, repeat." Hard to believe I ran (and labeled) 400 circuits through this thing. N12VD schematic
I have to agree!! Next to first engine start, wiring was by far the most rewarding!! Especially when none of the factory smoke was lost!! I hear that stuff has about a six month lead time. :D. Side note. I did not do my schematic. A good buddy of mine did. Saved me months of planning.

Back