What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a picture of your FINISHED RV-6/6A!

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
I'll start....
This picture was taken by Ed Hicks during Van's Homecoming a couple of years back. Van himself was flying the photo ship (no pressure). I was running a Lyc O-320 Sensenich FP setup when this was taken, but am now using a ECi KitEngine (180hp) and a Hartzell blended airfoil C/S.

4.jpg

Best,

The picture of the white and red -6A above is an optical illusion. The 'runway' that you see there looks like it's a parallel runway. In the bottom right-hand corner of the picture you can see a little bit of the runway he's arriving at/departing from...my guess it departing based on the pitch angle.

Top This!! This was over an Island in Grand Turk

Pretty cool picture. One of my ALL time favorites
:eek:
Kahuna_upside_down.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rv's over Bay

This is a pic taken from a Yak 52 over the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia. In the foreground is my RV6 "Harvey" and the other RV6 is Ray Taylors "Z9"

Cheers

Martin Hone

Here's a picture of my RV6A... At 345 hours... Been to OSH once.. Took champion RV6 at LOE3... 0-360 Sen. FP prop... Based at St. John's, Az. (KSJN)...
plane%20at%20hanger%20002%20(Small).jpg

N214mv

Here is my RV6A, N214MV, fresh out of the hanger at Gillis Aircraft Painting in Tuttle OK. :)

n214mv9mr.jpg

Mark Van de Bogert
Walworth, WI

Can't top that!

I can't top Kahuna's picture but I can say I was there looking up when his photo was taken ;)

Here's a picture of our plane at one of my favorite airports; On the ramp at Telluride (TEX), Colorado :) Rosie

Telluride.jpg

Last edited:
My 6A's in paint

My airplane is in paint and it's a plain vanilla RV6A but this is what pays for these toys, :D

New pics

For those of us still building 6's, it's great to see some new pictures. Anybody else out there proud of their airplane? Let's see some more pics!

N567rv

This is the first Orndorff plane. Videos were made on another plane. We have had the plane since March 2005. Based at KCEU in South Carolina.

Vinyl Graphics

My father drew a nice nose art picture for me, and I spent hours getting it digitized, but I now have no idea how to get it made into a vinyl graphic. Where did you get that done?

George in Langley BC said:
Here is picture of my RV-6A "Underdog" taken from echelon right.
Trim is vinyl graphics done by my son.

George

Graphics

Dave,
I saw a vendor at Oshkosk last year that turned pictures into posters.
Also, my flying buddy is also a "sign" guy and has just invested in a new printer that prints pictures for signs , instead of cutting vinyl letters for banners or sign material. He tells me and has show me samples of the printer printing out fabulous looking pictures, plus he has a laminator to make it last longer too..
This is new to him, just in the last two weeks, so he isn't up to speed 100% yet but I'm already thinking of things to do to our RV's....
The machine prints on material that is ...I think 54 inches wide.
So you could check with local sign shops to see if they have this type printers.
Hope it helps.

Art in Vinyl

Dgamble said:
My father drew a nice nose art picture for me, and I spent hours getting it digitized, but I now have no idea how to get it made into a vinyl graphic.......
Use the 800 number and call http://www.aerographics.com/ Marilyn can quickly reproduce your art on vinyl. You can simply send her your digitized picture via e-mail.

Last edited:
Its about time-527BC,RV-6A image

This bird has been flying about twelve months. It's got 86.1 hours of fun soaring!
0360 Lycoming c/s prop leather interior.
1000221medium6iz.jpg

So much credit has to go to Wally Anderson and Chris and Ross at Synergyair. I'm so blessed to have gotten to know them all.
John Stahr did a very professional paint job and I'm very pleased with it. He's a true artist. These guys are all from the Eugene, OR area. Melissa from Medford, OR did the leather interior and did a very professional job as well. I'm not too savy on how to post two images at the same time, so I will post a pic of the interior next.

gar

Very nice!

Gar I just wanted to tell you that your RV really makes me happy to look at. Wow... I now have a favorite 6A... Your 6 counterpart that holds this place at the top of all the others for me is Laird Owens in So. Cal. If I had a picture of the two planes together I'd probably hang it over my fireplace.

Well done,
Bryan

Thanks-6A

Thanks Bryan
It is so rewarding to have everything come together in such a nice way.
So many fine people are in the Vans community.
By meeting Wally and ross at synergyair, John Sthar and his painting ability.
I really struggled with the paint scheme because that is what you see everytime you look at it and I wanted it to be pleasing to the eye.
Melissa in Med. Ore - Well, I just let her go. I could have told her what I wanted but it would'nt have turned out. I farm for a living and dont do airplane interiors
I'm very pleased, Thanks again

gar

Raising my bar

Gar your plane is absolutely beautiful. Like most RV builders I scour the flight lines and pictures of RV's to help in forming the final out come my own RV-6A. These pictures will be on top of my heap at the head of the line. I want to head to my shop right now!
OUTSTANDING!
Tom
RV-6A ( still in many little pieces)

Here's a shot of my new (to me) RV-6A. It's an OSH award winner built by Ralph Koger, and boy do I love it!

I've only had her about 3 weeks, but have already racked up close to 20 hours. Just got back from a trip to Canon City / Leadville Colorado over the 4th of July weekend. This shot was taken at KLXV.
n16rkatleadvillejuly2006large5.jpg

Craig,

Very nice photograph of your "new" plane!

One thing in the photo reminded me of something you might keep in mind; never, never, walk away from your aircraft with the towbar still attached to the plane! We had a local RVer who did this, got distracted, and managed to take off with the towbar attached. The episode resulted in a trashed C/S prop and an engine that required teardown. Fortunately he was able to return to the runway without personal injury.

The towbar if not being used should always be either stowed in the hangar (or aircraft) or in your hand. :)

Enjoy your new plane!

Here a photo of my RV-6A, N57TK. First flight was 9/5/05. It has a Lycoming O-320-H2AD, fixed pitch Sensenich prop and a Dynon D-10 VFR panel.

This is a wonderful aircraft and I just love flying it!

tony%2527s%2Bplane%2B005_2048.jpg

Last edited:
RV969WF Picture

ajflybyeditej2.jpg

Alan Judy, Beaver, OK rv969wf 460hours on RV. IO 360A1B6 215HP

Last edited:
Alan Judy RV-6

My RV-6 along with my grocery getter,,, 58 Lister/Jag with all aluminum engine, Kinsler fuel injected,etc etc..... RV-6 is 1,112 lbs. 200+ HP and the Lister is 1,750 lbs. at 685 HP,,, Power to weight ratio is extreme on the Lister. Must say that the Lister will eat the RV-6 and have it for lunch in the first mile...lol... Both have about the same top speed though. Happy flying. Yes I like to go fast!! Alan Judy, Beaver, OK RV969WF
dsc06522ak1.jpg

Last edited:
The Rebuild of N966RV

Some pictures of my RV-6. It was ready for flight last summer and awaiting the final inspection. There was a fire in the hanger and my plane got damaged. So it's now getting rebuilt. I'm on it like a fanatic. Never was I so motivated. It's coming back way better than it was. It will fly this summer.

Go here for pictures. My RV-6

my 6 was finished in dec 99 by lee ray in stuart florida. i purchased it for $75,000 with new 0-360 a1a, 6 pack instruments, garmin 250 xl, great for vfr work. as of today there is a garmin 430, trutrak ap, garmin 496 with wx, bose headsets with ipod interface with intercom. the latest addition is a zaon pcas traffic watch which has turned out to be very helpfull.
img0773v.jpg

img2294a.jpg

img05792.jpg

Last edited:
RFazio said:
Some pictures of my RV-6. It was ready for flight last summer and awaiting the final inspection. There was a fire in the hanger and my plane got damaged. So it's now getting rebuilt. I'm on it like a fanatic. Never was I so motivated. It's coming back way better than it was. It will fly this summer.

Go here for pictures. My RV-6
Wow.....and to think about the little setbacks I have had and been upset about. Thanks for putting it all into perspective. :cool:

Here is one from a past trip to Mammoth Lakes, CA. 12,303' Mt. Morrison in the background....

Another from Hulett WY. Devils Tower in background...

"Rocket" RV-6 N600SS

Beautiful aircraft out there, my compliments to all!

Here's a shot of my new (to me) RV-6, originally built by Tom Hallendorf in '98 with an IO-540, and numerous "Rocket-like" upgrades (lengthened fuselage, clipped wings, titanium struts, thickened skin...and of course those two extra cylinders). My buddy (and fraternity bro) was owner #3, and put in a Dynon EFIS, a Garmin 396, and painted 'er (nicely done RPG!). 10 years, 500 hours "new", and a pleasure to fly! Now home based at Reno-Stead, among a few other RVs, and some other pretty cool taildraggers, ta boot!

Cheers!
Bob
"Rocket" RV-6
N600SS
4SD

rv6n600sssb9.jpg

It's finally complete

After 330 hrs the paint was applied @ Brandis Air in Taylorville IL. Bob did a fine job. Plane has 0-360 with sensenich FP
and has been a blast. Now maybe everyone will stop asking me when I'm going to paint it.

stisser07ko7.jpg

After rebuild...

Very nice RV's in this thread!

This is my RV after rebuild from tail to nosewheel and renew the cockpit...
The first and maybe last RV-6A in Switzerland :)

1.jpg

4.jpg
^

2.jpg

Last edited:
Exceptional Panel

This may seem like a dumb question to some of you more hardened RVators out there but where in the world could one get his hands on a moulded panel like Markus K. has installed in his beautiful "6A". If he created it himself he truly is a craftsman and is sitting on a goldmine. Hope he has a patent on it.
It's quite a inspiration.

Back