What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Crow Harness in RV-4?

bkthomps

Well Known Member
I see that Fred has the RV-4 listed in the same category as the 6/7/9 but aren't the harnesses different? The front seat in the Rv-4 seems to have a much shorter shoulder strap setup than the 7

Does anyone have Fred's stuff in a RV-4 that they can show pictures of??

Brian, I have them front and back in my -4. I will take some pics this weekend and send them to you. They are a little long for the front seat but you have a couple options to size them to fit. I am very happy with mine.

Put a Crow harness in my plane last year but didn't save the measurements. The shoulder straps are pretty short because your shoulders are right against the roll bar where they secure to. If I recall correctly, the lap belt was longer than typical. I measured using my old belts and when I called to order they seemed concerned I hadn't measured correctly because they were odd. They fit perfectly and I love them.

One thing that you'll deal with is the bolt hole for the lap belt. The hole is too large for the bolt so I carefully reduced the diameter of some washers on the deburring wheel then squeezed them in.

so you guys ordered the shoulder straps as is, and then somehow resized them at home? this is the part i'm hung up on....how will that work? did you tell fred ahead of time?

Back