What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hudson Valley

SmilingJack

Well Known Member
Haven't been able to fly much, but squeezed in a quick flight today in the New York "Texas" heat :eek:

Hudson River - Poughkeepsie/Hyde Park Area
null_zps50e6ee89.jpg

Walkway over the Hudson connecting Poughkeepsie and Highland by foot. The bridge open to trains in 1889 and a walkway in 2009.

null_zps7966ffd1.jpg

Culinary Institute of America - the only CIA building Vlad is allowed in :D and even at that I am not sure they have enough food!

null_zpsc7478b1f.jpg

F.D. Roosevelt Home - if you visit there, the Hyde Park Brewery is right across the street ;) good food too!

null_zpsdbb89c3d.jpg

Vanderbilt Mansion - their hunter cottage, you can walk from here to the FDR home on the connecting trails.

null_zps6e88886d.jpg

Ogden Mills Mansion - great walking trails along the river!

null_zpsfad479b7.jpg

Esopus Lighthouse - just across the lawn of the Mills Mansion. Picnic at Mills and you have a great view of the lighthouse.

null_zps67450ede.jpg

I have countless pictures of those mansions and was wandering what they are. Thanks for great excursion John!

West Point

What about West Point?,,, Should be close to there and would be great for area photos. Definitely a trip I want to take when finished.

Yes, a picture of West Point would be great. I'll do that run next time I fly.

But, if someone beats me to it, post a picture of Bannerman's Island. The castle on is is pretty cool and just north of West Point.

When I get this 7 finished, I hope to take a few trips a year to the academy. I will have to PM you when the time gets closer to get advice on airport etc. 99% done,, everyone knows what that means.

Yes, a picture of West Point would be great. I'll do that run next time I fly.

But, if someone beats me to it, post a picture of Bannerman's Island. The castle on is is pretty cool and just north of West Point.

Here we go John. West Point first two pictures then your lighthouse and the castle. I have a close picture of a West Point roof with famous phrase couldn't find it :D

Last edited:
Back