What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Leadville 4th of July Fly-In Cookout

klxv

I'm New Here
Hello All,

I am the Airport Manager up here at North America's Highest Airport. Just want to invite everyone to our annual 4th of July FREE Cookout. We serve up hamburger and hot dogs to all who attend free of charge. Fuel prices are great and the scenic flight is even better. Make a weekend out of it and stay in town! Look forward to seeing a group of RV's. Have a good one. Questions? Call Mike @ 719-486-0307 or check out our website for more details. www.lxvairport.com

Kind Regards,

Michael Huemann

Always wanted to go there

I live in Arkansas and there is a race in Townsend, Montana on the 6th of July. That just might work out.

Bob Axsom

fun flight

I made the flight to Leadville last summer, and I must say the approach from the south was a non event. No hair raising high mountain passages. Everyone at the airport was friendly and accomodating. An easy bucket list check off!

Hello All,

I am the Airport Manager up here at North America's Highest Airport. Just want to invite everyone to our annual 4th of July FREE Cookout. We serve up hamburger and hot dogs to all who attend free of charge. Fuel prices are great and the scenic flight is even better. Make a weekend out of it and stay in town! Look forward to seeing a group of RV's. Have a good one. Questions? Call Mike @ 719-486-0307 or check out our website for more details. www.lxvairport.com

Kind Regards,

Michael Huemann

Hi Michael,
Nice place you have there. I've been to Leadville last year and you issued Certificate of Navigation on my name thanks. Cool place highly recommended. Flash Mob Squadron, do you hear? :D

I left an OH-58D up there a few days ago after some engine trouble. I never got my certificate or a shirt though. Guess i'll have to come back in the RV. Thanks mike for coming in on a Friday night!

Hello All,

Kind Regards,

Michael Huemann

This would make a good entry in the VAF calendar. The link is at the top of this page. Just click on "Add New Event" in the upper right corner of the calendar.

Last edited:
Back