What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Used Steam Gauges

AL_O_Dine

Is it cost effective to buy used steam gauges off ebay?? Or is most of that stuff just beyond it's service life?

Many of the steam gauges are 20+ years old on ebay etc.

What would an avionics shop charge to check out the standard six pack if a person picked up used ones off ebay or flymarkets?

Is it just a waste of time and dollars?

Instruments

I don't think it's a waste of time. The best instruments seem to be the take-outs for upgrade. Occasionally you find some real bargains if you aren't in a hurray. I have assembled a good portion of the panel for just a few hundred dollars. This includes most instruments, com radio, transponder and GPS.

I don't do the flea-bay thing if at all possible. I prefer to purchase from folks here on the forum.

Robert

used gauges can be a great deal, they can also be junk. the best bet it look right here I trust the people on this site, I don't trust a lot of ebay people.

I am pulling my panel right now to upgrade to a skyview and will be selling everything that comes out. I have all the van's engine gauges except cht and egt + two fuel gauges. all have less than 100 HR on them. when I get it all out I will post it here for sale.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Back