What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another grove gear?

TShort

Well Known Member
Another grove gear question

I'm wondering about the overall performance of Grove's -8 gear - i.e. ground handling, etc. I like the looks of the gear and the weight savings, but how do they change / affect the ground handling of the -8?

Thomas
-8 empennage, riveting

Last edited:
As a follow up to the above...
For those of you that have ordered the Grove gear do you remember what parts you subtracted from the fuse kit? Van's customer service thought it was the gear legs (U801 L&R - obviously) but said there may be other parts (gear brackets U803/804 2 each) - any others I should specify to Van's?

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas,

I subtracted the U-801-L&R gear legs, U-803 and U-804 attach brackets. You get new attach brackets with the Grove gear. You also get all the bolts with the Grove gear but I felt it was too much trouble to figure out which ones to delete from the kit so I'll have a couple extra bolts and nuts. Van's credited me as follows:

U-801-L $262.50
U-801-R $262.50
U-803 $21.51 ea.
U-804 $16.04 ea.

That makes the Grove gear have a premium of about $1200. We'll see in a couple of years wheter it was worth it :)

Good luck,

Back