What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP Purge Valve FWF Return Line Pics

Auburntsts

Well Known Member
For those with an AFP purge valve, do you have any pics of the fuel return line from the valve to the firewall? I'm to the point where I need to have that hose fabricated and I'm looking for suggestions on routing which will determine the length of hose I need.

Tom, I get you. I'm just trying to get some ideas to expedite the process. BTW, standby for an order (two -4 and two -6 fuel lines). Lengths and fittings are still TBD, but I'll get you the details soon.

AFP Fuel return hose

Here is a start:
Its basically a hose going to wherever your bulkhead fitting is located on the
firewall. My constant flow return is plumbed into that T in the second picture.
Disregard it, it has nothing to do with the AFP installation but was a convenient spot to connect. Hope that helps.

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

I can't see Ernst's photos (photo sites are blocked at work), but he did describe what I did.

I put a fitting on the firewall in the tunnel on the opposite side from the fitting for the fuel line. It can go just about anywhere you like on the firewall.

I replaced the 90 degree fitting on the fuel line where it enters the tunnel at the right seat and replaced it with a T-fitting.

Then Tom made two custom lines to connect the purge valve to the firewall and the firewall to the T-fitting. I did all this when I replaced all my hard lines with Tom's products.

Pretty straight forward.

bob

Back