What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adjustable set jamming pneumatic squeezer

skyyking56

Well Known Member
Has any one had trouble with there pnumatic squeezer jamming the adjustable set.
The non-adjustable works fine, but the adj. one jamms the the gun every time and wont even return to the start point. I have to disassemble it for it to release.
I got the adj. set at Brown Tool.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jim

Jim,

Sounds dumb but is the square face pointing inboard and the rounded edge to the outside of the body? Mine works fine but you need to make sure it's installed in the right direction and greased as well. I use white lithium. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to shim all the time!! :eek:

Twisted

Sometimes my adj set twists slightly (the bottom bit) and I have to remove the yoke and re-position it (square side pointing inwards). Works ok after that, but a pain nonetheless...

Yes,
I have made sure that the square end goes inward.
I dont really think it would fit in the other way.
I do know that they use the same spring as the non-adj and was wondering if the spring is somehow getting jammed.
The spring really should not be as long as the non-adj. because of the adj bottom part makes up the rest of the length and the spring does not go to the bottom like the non-adj.
I also notice that the bottom of the set that it is not as smooth a surface as the non-adj and maybe cathing on that.
I think i will send it back to Brown and try another one, and if that one fails, go to a different type.
Shawn from Ishams sent me to Brown for that specific one because he said it was a beefed up version of what else is out there. :confused:
Well anyway, thanks for the input guys.
Jim
Just trying to get started on a 7A Emp

Just another point of reference, I've been using the one I got from Avery's for 3 years, even with the big yokes (against their recommendation), and it has worked flawlessly.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

Adj Set

I also us the one from Averys that has a ball bearing that rides in the slot. Never jams.

Brantel

Thanks for all the help. I think I'm going to send this one back to Browns and get the Avery's....
Thanks again!!!!!!!!
Jim King
RV7A Practicing on class kits getting to know my new tools and starting my emp soon.....BTW ...the DRDT-2 works excellent and I'm so glad I bought it. (Nice and quiet) ....But the Sioux drill (bad news) I had to send back because the input and exhaust ports were drilled too close together and there was a crossover leak :(

UPDATE:
I just talked with Browntool and they said they have had problems with the ones that were sent out recently....They have new ones that work and are sending me a new one no charge...So anyone out there having that same problem call Browntool (if purchased there) and they will send you new design
Thanks again,
Jim

Back