What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings From Angel Fire, NM!!!!! (fr Doug)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Danny and I flew from DFW to Angel Fire, NM today in 3hrs. The runway was icy and there was a 90 degree crosswind but Danny's superior piloting skills made the day.

The ride to the slopes was about four minutes and we were skiing about an hour after we arrived. I've taken 73 pictures so far (we stopped a few times up on the slope to take pics - some even showing the airport down in the valley below.

More skiing tomorrow and then maybe back.

If we leave tomorrow afternoon I'll update www.VansAirForce.net on Wednesday morning with some of the choice pics. Write up to follow....

Take care,

Doug

Last edited:
Hi Roberta!

We rented ($40 for a day and a half - everything we needed). The lodge we're staying in (Angel Fire Resort) is literally fifty steps from the lift and the rental shop was between the two. We didn't even rent a car - a person from the lodge came out and picked us up.

I got some great pics on base of us turning final on a runway that looked like a solid sheet of ice (it turned out to not be the case but when I close my eyes all I see is that d&%$ ice) <g>.

What a RV friendly kind of place. I'm now wanting to modify Flash with ski tubes - I want to do this again.

B,
dr

Greetings

Proof you just can't stay away from these computer things :cool:

You guys have fun and don't break anything.

Greetings from Angel Fire, NM!!!

Good to hear from you, Doug. I only had a couple of opportunities today to check the web cam. Was that you or Danny I saw lying in the snow? <g> Have a great time...and we're looking forward to seeing the photos!
Don Hull

Back