What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Big Country Airfest ~ August 19 ~ Abilene,TX

TX7A

Well Known Member
This year Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 471, Abilene, TX (ABI) will be putting on its fourth annual Big Country Airfest. Our chapter has worked hard to provide an event that all pilots will enjoy. This year we have pulled out all the stops with Young Eagle rides in the morning, flybys by special guests in special planes, trade show, air castles for kids, children?s activity corner, aero-ball, and a wonderful food court. In the afternoon we will fire off a heart pounding air show, acrobatic box competition, air-race, and RC models on display and flying inside of the newly remodeled EAA Hangar 3.
Saturday night, sounds and smells of mesquite smoked cooking will be coming from Hangar 3 with a live country western band, steaks, hamburgers, and drinks. All of this will be courtesy of EAA Chapter 471 to all pilots who fly in and join us. We hope you will fly in and enjoy this day with us and promote aviation. There will be camping on the field, and free transportation to the hotel if desired. For more information see www.bigcountryairfest.org or email Gray Bridwell [email protected]

UPDATE:
A representative from Engine Components, inc. (ECi) will be giving a presentation on their company's Titan Kit Engine products. The presentation will begin at 10:30am in the TSTC building on the field.
This may be of interest to those of you currently considering engine possibilities for your aircraft.

Last edited:
Big Country Airfest Air Race Registration

I am entering the air race, I think it would be great to get many RV's flying in this race. I trial-flew the course last weekend, and it should be fun. I invite other racing-newbys like me to enter. Check the web site for information on entering the race.

Cheers,
Jim Hogue
RV-3 N1428Z
Based at Spinks

AirFest in Abilene This Weekend

Jim & All,

Good to hear that you'll be in the air race, Jim.
Airfest is always lots of fun...bring friends if you can.
Also, ECi will have a rep there to talk about their engines.

Have a safe trip to ABI.

Sam

Back