What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring Bkfast, Weds., Mar 13, w 12 Hr Race?

flytoday

Well Known Member
Just checking, will the Sebring Airport Weds Breakfast meeting be held on March 13? I see the Sebring 12 Hour Race activities are beginning then. Official race day is Saturday but practice starts Weds.

If weather cooperates and there's an enough ramp space and an open chair I'd enjoy meeting the Central FL VAF team.

Well, I was there last year during race week and had no problem doing the Weds breakfast gathering. It was kind of neat to see the race cars practicing and the overhead pattern view is great. I can't say for sure what changes they have made.

Bump

Thanks Gary, I hope to hear from someone at the Mar 6 breakfast tomorrow. Just to verify the 13th breakfast gathering is on!

Carl

the sebring races have no effect on the airport. most race participants come by road. at most there is a handful of jets on the ramp. see you there.
img1233ks.jpg

Thanks Gary, I hope to hear from someone at the Mar 6 breakfast tomorrow. Just to verify the 13th breakfast gathering is on!

Carl

Carl, this morning was rain and wind as a small front came thru. Don't know how many made it to Sebring today but Turbo came to Venice for dinner at Sharky's yesterday and we are both planning on going next week, weather permitting. I'll see if I can round up a few more West coast RVer's. See you there.

9tpdnq.jpg

Last edited:
I will join you weather permit

If weather permit I will be there 8:30 am (after considering daylight saving time I will depart a little later).

Ted

Last edited:
Mar 13

I plan to be there, WX permitting. However sunrise at Sebring was 6:43 am today, and with Daylight Saving Time starting on Sunday, next Weds. sunrise will be close to 7:43 am.

Pretty sure coming from DeLand that morning, and collecting 1 pax at ORL, I'll probably arrive closer to 9 am. My pax has connections with the race, so I expect a great day!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Carl

next wednesday ill be there for the early birds and the later birds. come all.

i really thought gary was a pro photo guy. what happen man? ;)
9tpdnq.jpg

Wed Morning Flu

Been a while since I've been to the Wednesday gathering. If work is quiet, I may come down with the Wednesday Morning Flu and join you.

And Turbo, next time you fly to Venice let me know. We love Sharkey's

Vlad, if you arrive I'll buy your breakfast! Can't promise any Nuclear Scientist from Russian hidden city will meet us this time.

Carl

Been a while since I've been to the Wednesday gathering. If work is quiet, I may come down with the Wednesday Morning Flu and join you.

And Turbo, next time you fly to Venice let me know. We love
Sharkey's

hea carl. you cant have the flu until you fly! so come on over for an all morning breakfast. early bird to late birds. :eek:
img0783jo.jpg

Still planning a later than usual arrival due to time change. Maybe 0830.
I'll check with Dave, Mike and Lonn to see if they are in.

In FL, should be at Sebring on Weds. early as WX and sunrise permits! Excellent help today at EVB from David Maib and friends.

249c9d0604aebdedfe6d61cc20bc8a36_zps8b22c1ac.jpg

Carl

This morning four RVs (2 7As, 1 8 and 1 9A) from Spruce Creek gathered at sunrise, briefed, then departed for Sebring. Air was smooth and the strong tailwind (25 -30 kts at 1,500') was a bonus. By the time we arrived at Sebring the ramp was almost full and the racing cars were making loud noises.

The restaurant was almost full with pilots and a few racers. It was a pleasure to meet old friend and some new ones. Due to the size of the group and the fact that we arrived late I got to meet only a small percent of the attendees. I did not take too many pictures neither. But Gary did take picture of everyone. I am sure that he will post them. Here are a few of the ramp photos and photo of Turbo.

Carl, nice to meet you and thank you for starting this thread.

IMG_2885.JPG

Turbo, tables behind him were full.

IMG_2875.JPG

Spruce Creek Whiskey Flight dismount (This is not my flight, I am usually with Goofy Flight)

IMG_2877.JPG

Many of these parked planes are RVs.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107646684575855201411/3132013Sebring#slideshow

Last edited:
nice pics ted. vaf #681 and just passed 681 posts. bring the guys back down again. nice having some new faces. come on over to stuart some wednesday after breakfast and ill buy you all lunch. :)

Great Day!

Great to meet Ted, Gary, Turbo, and many of the VAF team yesterday! The tables were full behind Turbo, but Pat and I were slow eaters so there we are in the background by ourselves. We quickly moved over to Ted's table with the Spruce Creek gang and Turbo.

Then my friend Pat (Orlando realtor) and I went into the Sebring track to watch her husband's car practice for a race later this week.

Later we left to overfly the Shuttle Landing Facility, late lunch at XFL, then Pat back to ORL, and home for me to DED.

A Gig'em, at altitude, to my daughter who was just accepted to Texas A&M Vet School.

64effc2ce5763d5344ee144e1aec78f8_zpsc2a880df.jpg

Thanks to all who came out! And the answer was there is plenty of ramp space, even on Race Week!!! I wish Vlad had made it!

Carl

Back