What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Insurance

Nibs

I'm New Here
Just starting the research to possibly build an RV-10. Called AVEMCO today, they quoted me $1500 annually for liability, $5200 for $150K in hull & liability. This sure seems extremely high and way out of line with my current Cessna 180 and several past aircraft I've insured. I have no accidents or incidents, 810 TT, and have been their customer for 8 years,logging about 100 hours per year. Any advice or other companies to try? Anyone out ther with similiar times willing to share what you're paying?

Call Falcon Insurance Agency. Insurance through EAA for 150k on my RV-10 is $3,300.

I beleive I have $120,000 hull for $3200 per year through Falcon.
Required 10 hours RV and at least 1 hour in the RV-10 to cover first flight.

Insurance

Insurance seems to be on the rise. I argued with Falcon & Avemco to no avail. I've got all of the boxes checked (ratings, time (5300 hours, all GA), time in type, time in RV's, no losses/violations, etc.). I even pointed out that there hadn't been any losses on the RV-10's in the last year (to my knowledge), and I popped off with "I guess I should have bought a Cirrus." Well, that was answered with " no, that would cost you $10K per year or more!" So much for the parachute!
I think I ended up around $3K for $170K in hull and $1M liability from Falcon. They appear to have the best rates so far. The 300 or so flight hours in the last year in the RV-10 had no effect. In fact, the premium increased!
Vic

RV10 Insurance

I will say about 3k to 4K are about what I have heard for 150K insurance. My insurance is more than your quote, but I have it set up for transition training.
Alex

I went with NationAir (placed with AIG) with $200,000.00 hull value, $100.00 deductable, at just under $3800.00 premium. I have 1400 plus total time with almost 300 in an RV-6A. No RV-10 time required by AIG for coverage.

Going to Grady O'Neal for paint tomorrow I hope

Back