What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightline Interiors

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
I would like to express my thanks for the outstanding job that Abby did in creating the needed parts to finish up the interior of our RV 10.

Our plane has a custom headliner installed by a local shop, and that makes some of the fitting of other pieces a bit different than standard, and I have made a few alterations that also prevent the use of a "standard" one-size-fits-all type of interior, mainly the side panels.

When we started the interior, we selected Classic Aero to do the seats, and they are top notch items, we have no complaints of any kind with them. It was our plan to have Classic do the balance of the interior pieces, but they made a decision to back out of the RV 10 game.

So, here we were with a plane with seats from one vendor, headliner from another, and now we needed to get the needed items to finish the balance of the project------and had to find someone to do the work.

A call to Abby to explain the issue resulted in a request for photos, and after a few emails, many photos, and a couple of templates for the rear side panels, and Flightline got to work.

With the exception of the front side panels everything fit perfectly and matched the existing parts exactly. When I discussed the issue of the front panels with Abby, she told me to return them and tell her what was needed to make it right.

The new side panels she created worked just as I wanted---all is now fine :D:D

So, to summarize things----Flightline had to work with an existing non standard partially done plane, and match work done by two other vendors. Even though one item was a bit off due to the prior work, they remade the parts to fit my needs. This is simply outstanding customer care, and we are very pleased we decided to do business with Flightline Interiors.

Last edited:
Though I didn't have the complex issue(s) you did, my transactions with Abby were nothing but delightful. Her products are top-notch, her delivery dates are spot-on, and she is incredibly personable to deal with. She definitely belongs on the vendor All-Star list. :D

I second the above posts: I bought a pair of aileron-boots for my -7, and despite this very small order, Abby gave me great care and service!

I wanted to have the boots shipped together with another few items from the US to Norway so I'd save shipping-costs, and Abby made sure the boots came to the "pickup-place" (Vans) in time.

The boots from her are much better than the pair I installed in my first -7. The instructions are easy to follow and the kit is good.

She's among the top on my list and highly recommended!

+ one from me too. Abby did a great job making the interior for my 9A. Super nice lady and very easy to work with.

Photos

O.K., Gasman, here you are.

10%2520interior%2520for%2520Abby%2520001.JPG

10%2520interior%2520for%2520Abby%2520002.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, Crusty! I assume (hope) there's a cover panel to go around the door handle mechanism that just wasn't installed when you took the picture?

Yep, got those made up, just need to install them.

Also, have to figure out something for the door sill area----------I am leaning toward using a bit of metal for the wear resistance as folks drag their feet in the area.

Work in progress for sure ;)

Back