What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anything new from Lowrance?

Phyrcooler

Well Known Member
On Aero-news earlier this week was an announcement that Lowrance will now give a rebate on ANY GPS traded in. I have been looking - but so far unable to get any further info. Anyone at Osh been to their exhibit and heard anything else?

Anything else new - or in the works from those folks?

Thanks!

Lowrance Trade In

Lowrance has been giving a rebate coupon for a couple years now on the older Airmap units.
The amount varies depending on what new Lowrance unit you buy.
I bought a 2000C last September with a $275 rebate coupon I received for sending my old Airmap back to them. I bought the new unit from PilotMall.com who happened to have it on sale for something like $699 at the time so my final price was under $450 for a color moving map with terrain software.
Call Lowrance Customer Service and they'll give you the details.
Go to www.lowrance.com and look for support or customer service to get the numbers. You need an RA from them to return your old Lowrance Airmap.

Yes - I am aware of the prior rebate. The change as reported was a trade in for ANY GPS as I understood it. If so, I have a small handheld that I may trade towards a 600C. Was unable to call yesterday - but did send them an email - awaiting reply next week.

Curious from any attendees on info - and more importantly - anything in the pipeline that may make me pause before buying to await something newer/better!

Thanks!

Lowrance

Low-who? Just kidding.

Phyrcooler, the rebates aren't good on the 600C. I was bummed too.

Antony

Missunderstanding...

Things that make you go hmmm...

(direct quote reported on Aero-News Network...)

Tue, 25 Jul '06

At the Oshkosh 2005 Press Tent on Monday, Grant B. Farrell of Lowrance Avionics not only announced that Lowrance's hand-held GPS moving maps/WAAS receivers now include Terrain Awareness at no extra cost... but they are also offering to give customers rebates on older models of not only their own product, but also on any competing model of any hand-held/portable GPS unit.

"Not only may customers who already own a Lowrance AirMap, AirMap 100 or AirMap 300 trade in their AirMap for a rebate letter of varying amounts towards the purchase of a new Lowrance AirMap," stated Mr. Farrell. "But, we're even going a step further. We will also give rebate letters to any customer who is willing to trade in any older model GPS unit of any manufacturer in towards the purchase of a new AirMap."
Official response from LOWRANCE:

Thank you for your inquiry. This offer was made specifically for the Oshkosh
show and is not valid for any other time. We do apologize for the
misunderstanding.
:rolleyes:

Back