What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Install Help Please.

Monacam44

I'm New Here
Hello,

My engineer is installing a Digiflight II in my RV6 and has come up against a small problem. When installed as per the instructions, the throw on the bottom of the control stick is 3 inches against a maximum throw of 2.5 inches on the servo. The result is the servo goes over-centre. Has anyone come up against this issue and how did you deal with it? All help and advice very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Monica
G-RVCL

careful...

That is a life-threatening thing for sure as it can and will lock the controls. Call TruTrak for a little gadget that prevents this and a copy of the install manual or download same from them.

Is your mechanic familiar with RV autopilots? This should not be an issue at all.

The RV-6 roll servo has a 1/2" longer arm than the standard one and it only has one hole in the end for the rod end bearing. Be sure you're using that servo in the roll location. The standard arm servo has three holes for the rod end bearing connection.

The RV-6 roll servo has a 1/2" longer arm than the standard one and it only has one hole in the end for the rod end bearing. Be sure you're using that servo in the roll location. The standard arm servo has three holes for the rod end bearing connection.

Lucas

I'm installing a GRT autopilot in an RV-6. I was under the impression that these were your servos relabeled. My pitch and roll servos look identical apart from the label. The arm has three holes. Do I have the wrong arm or is it not really your servo?

Lucas

I'm installing a GRT autopilot in an RV-6. I was under the impression that these were your servos relabeled. My pitch and roll servos look identical apart from the label. The arm has three holes. Do I have the wrong arm or is it not really your servo?

While the GRT and Dynon servos both look identical they are not manufactured by us nor will they interface to any of our autopilots.

Back