What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Netherlands / Dutch ?

Daida

Well Known Member
Hi out there!

I currently live in southern Germany but in october i will be moving to the Eindhoven area in the Netherlands.

As my -8 projekt will come with me, of course, i have a few concerns which might be answered through this forum.

Here they are:

How much is the import tax for parts, engine, etc....?

Is there, as in germany, the possibility to get a lower tax rate for the parts that will belong to the aircraft?

Is there a supplier like aircraft spruce or avery in netherlands or where do you guys order your stuff?

Is there a engine shop you can recommend?

Is there anyone in the Eindhoven area building or built an aircraft?

Hope to hear from someone!

Dank je wel!

Daida

Welcome in The Netherlands

Hi Daida,

There are a few RV's here in Holland, my 7A is based near Breda, which is 50 km west of Eindhoven. You are welcome to see the plane if you are in the neighborhood.
If parts are labelled as aircraft parts, you will be paying less import taxes, but this is compensated by the huge shipping costs. Usually we have to order with the German, English or American companies like Spruce.
You will be delighted by the building regulations, they are less strict than abroad. So registring your 8 as a PH-aircraft does have some advantages.
But get used to the fuelprices, they are the highest in Europe....

Hello,

I really don't have an answer to any of your questions as it was a bit too cost prohibitive for me to build and fly while I was there.

I did live in Eindhoven for a couple years (actually spent most of my time in Germany), so I'm just curious, what brings you to Eindhoven?

Netherlands or Dutch

Hello again,
Sorry that i did not answer any earlier, but i was out of country.
When i am in Eindhoven i will defenitly get in touch with you as Breda is not really far from Eindhoven.
Right now my plan is to move to Eindhoven in September, so do not worry if you do not hear from me till then, i am quite busy organizing the move and everything that comes with it.
I will still try to get my -8 registered in Germany as my stay in Eindhoven will last only about 2 years.

So long!

Daida

Back