What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap handle weldment

rv468

I?m installing manual flaps in my RV-4. I have the flap linkages finished. I am getting ready to slot my floorboards to accommodate the flap linkage. The end of the Wd-406 flap handle weldment will be below the floor level when the flaps are at 40 degrees. I will have to make a much larger ?slot? in the floorboard for this. I?m wondering if everyone has the same situation. Possibly my flap handle weldment was manufactured incorrectly.

Thanks in advance,
Cameron Smith
RV4 #68

I feel your pain. When I built mine I had those stops on the seat postioned first and then tried to get everything else set up. No good. I started over by arranging the linkages so that the flap weldment is just a hair above the floor when the flaps are at 40 degrees. With this done, the flap handle ends up almost flat on the floor when the flaps are up. I then made and positioned the stops accordingly. This is just one data point and your weldment and/or seat position may be different.

Last edited:
Back