What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Info request - Jupiter/ West Palm area

Rick_A

Well Known Member
Weather permitting, I'll be flying from Pensacola to S. Florida next weekend, visiting relatives in Jupiter.

It looks to me like N Palm Beach County (F45) is the closest airport to Jupiter. If anyone can provide any useful info regarding this airport (or if there is a better alternative) such as tie-down/hanger info, etc. I'd appreciate it.

When I checked fuel prices, F45 was very high, so I was thinking I'd fill-up at Air Glades (2IS).

Thanks.

Check OBE's fuel as it is more along your route. Also, F45 often has discounted fuel on weekends. Give the FBO a call ahead and see if this is still the case.

I'd also check the actual road milage to your destination as F45 is along a rural highway with few direct routes into town. KSUA may actually work out better for you based upon your destination address.

Hope this helps

Rick,

PHK on the east side of the lake is good for fuel.

F45 does have a 50cent discount on the weekends. With the discount its still more expensive then anywhere around.

I'd offer a spot in our hangar, however we have two RV's and a boat in there now. I'll ask the airport manager about hangar and tie-downs tomorrow. Let me know how many days?

F45 is the nearest airport for Jupiter. I live in Jupiter and run out to the airport almost everyday. If you need transportation into Jupiter I'd be happy to give you a ride. (PM me and I'll send you my personal #)

Regards,

Scott

Scott, Ken,
Thanks for the info. The current plan is to stay 2 nights: 12/22 & 23, then back to Pensacola on Christmas Eve.

I'd like to see a "wrapped" plane. You ought to post a picture of one.

Rick,

I added my "under construction" website to my signature. I hate to post an unfinished website, however I hope the high-def photos will help answer some of the PM's I've been getting.

I'll be adding more photos this week and replacing my "fun" videos with "install" videos next week.

F45 or KSUA

Did a mapquest to my final destination and it's about equal distance and time whether I go into F45 or SUA. So any recommendations, between those 2 airports?

Rick send me a PM. I might have a hangar available in SUA for those nights.
Kevin

rick, come on over to sua. would be nice to meet you while passing thru. good luck on your trip. it is the best part of owning a rv. ho ho ho. :)

Back