What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 oil dipstick 320

avengingangel

Well Known Member
New to this system and i could use some advice from fellow rv4 owners.Im currently using dipstick made from 2 lycoming sticks add a plumbing fitting and some abs glue. This does not last long. What are the rest of yas using. Thanks for the assistance.

O-320 dipstick

I used proseal to glue the two pieces together and also put in some avex rivets for good measure......250hrs and it seems to be holding just fine..... :)

Can you make one ??

I have a two piece also. I think it is leaking slightly. I wonder if there is a way to get somebody to make a "real" one the right length. Has anybody done that ??

John

RV4 dipstick

The folks at Teledyne Mattituck have the correct length dipstick tube for the RV4 application on their TMX-O320 engine. My RV4 was the first installation of this engine in an RV4. Call and talk to Mahlon Russel at Mattituck or see them next week at Oshkosh.
Kerry Peters
RV4 SN 4175

I used two pieces joined with 3M 2216. 10 years later no problems. I also cut and fitted a new dipstick. Used a wood dowel to determine length and then calibaraded stick with hash marks @ 4-6-8 quarts in the tail low position (taildragger)
Tom
RV3

Back