What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Adopted Rocket...

smokyray

Well Known Member
I just took custody for sales sake of a 97 HR2. I really like it so far and after 1500 RV4 hours, it really is a quantum leap in the right direction. Several questions to the Rocketeers and observations. First, leg fairings appear cheap and weaker than Van's, had to repair several cracks and delaminations.
1. Who makes better aftermarket fairings and cowlings? 2. Anyone put NACA scoops on the side of a Rocket for cockpit cooling, mine has cowling air diverted and is not optimum in the SE USA. Most Rockets I have seen are the same. Thanks in advance...

Rob Ray

PS: it's a really nice airplane for slightly under 100K with a almost new Lycon Engine if anybody's interested...

Rocket stick forces/harmony

Rob,

I've never driven a rocket. How do the stick forces/control harmony compare to a -4?

Art in Asheville

Tell us more

smokyray said:
I just took custody for sales sake of a 97 HR2. I really like it so far and after 1500 RV4 hours, it really is a quantum leap in the right direction. Several questions to the Rocketeers and observations. First, leg fairings appear cheap and weaker than Van's, had to repair several cracks and delaminations.
1. Who makes better aftermarket fairings and cowlings? 2. Anyone put NACA scoops on the side of a Rocket for cockpit cooling, mine has cowling air diverted and is not optimum in the SE USA. Most Rockets I have seen are the same. Thanks in advance...

Rob Ray

PS: it's a really nice airplane for slightly under 100K with a almost new Lycon Engine if anybody's interested...
You can check these guys out:
http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/ (see their online catalog, think this link will get you to there fiberglass items)
http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/T...IT_ACTION_SEARCH=Begin+Search&client=40237426

Send me some pictures and facts / equip sheet. email: [email protected]

GLF's

I am fitting a set of Team Rocket wheelpants and gear leg fairings on my HR II right now, they are very good quality, and look cool too!
Kevin Shannon-

Back