What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a Ride in an RV-4 near Rochester, NY

Hi Guys.
I have been consumed with the idea of buying and RV-4 and selling my Cessna 150. I have been pouring over sale ads and even contemplating building one myself. I dont want to put the cart before the horse so to speak while making a major decision so I thought I should try to find someone willing to take me up in an RV-4 so I can get an idea if this is the right plane for me. I am based at Ledgedale airport (7G0) and could travel a reasonable distance in my 150 to meet someone. Of course I would pay for the fuel for my ride. I am small at 5' 5" and 135 lbs. so I should not be a concern in the back seat.
Thanks!
Dom

Hi Woody,

Riding in the back seat of a -4 is definitely NOT like flying it from the front. But be prepared, going from the trusty ole Cessna to a -4 is like climbing out of a dump truck and stepping into a Ferrari:D:D ...at least that sums up my experience some 23 years ago. The "-4 Bug" bit me and hasn't let up since.

Best of luck to you in your search.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
The whole dump truck to a Ferrari just about sums up my expectations! The RV-4 was love at first sight. I can only imagine the nimbleness of this bird. I think it would be like strapping on a little fighter plane. I am hoping for some fun with low intensity aerobatics. I am a long way from that however. I need to find the right 4 and sell the Cessna first.
Thanks!!
Dom

RV4 @ KPBG

A very nice RV4 lives at Plattsburgh Dom. A bit of distance from you but worth the travel. I'll dig a contact for you.

Back