What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming Mandatory Service Bulletin

Ben Beaird

I recieved this Mandatory Service Bulletin from Lycoming;

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/sup...enancePublications/serviceBulletins/SB565.pdf

They sent it to me because I have a 2001 C172 with an IO-360 in it. However, the high pressure mechanical fuel pump used on the IO-360 is also the same pump used to replace the stock low-pressure pump on the O-360-A1A when it is converted to fuel injection.

Since I installed an AirFlow Performance fuel Injection system on my RV-6A's O-360-A1A, I had to purchase an LW-15473 (covered by the S.B.) high pressure pump from ACS.

I'm posting this in case there are others that have the same set up as me but are unaware of the S.B. It seems to be a serious one.

Ben Beaird
Plymouth, WI
-6A

Lycoming S.B. follw up

I checked my fuel pump and determined that it is affected by the Mandatory Service Bulletin.
I called Lycoming and they said the reason for the S.B. is "because of the diaphragm". No more information.
I have ordered a replacement from Aero Aviation in West Chicago, IL. Now I just hope I can replace it without having to loosen the engine from the mount. It's gonna be close.

If you have replaced the fuel pump in your engine as part of installing a Fuel Injection system, like I did, I suggest you see if it is affected.

Ben Beaird
Plymouth, WI
-6A

Back