PDA

View Full Version : Airplane to the rescue

humptybump
09-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I recently became the blessed recipient of a rescue dog who had to do a lot of traveling. Is a small way, my RV-8 was part of the plan. The full story is here (http://thesalmonfarm.org/blog/p/3370). The RV made it possible for me to travel round trip from Virginia to Vermont in a single day to spend time with "Nick". What an airplane. What a dog!

Nick has a checkered past but both he and I have an exciting future ahead of us :)

http://thesalmonfarm.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/uploads/2012/09/wpid-Photo-Sep-16-2012-15051-575x444.jpg

Don
09-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Great story, Glen. One of these days I hope to meet Nick.

Vlad
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Feed him good to gain weight of a pony :D

mannanj
09-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Looks like a little blue tick hound or blue heeler mix with a little German shepard mix in there. Should make a darned good dog.:)

humptybump
09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Nick and I have a lot of work ahead of us. Rescue dogs, even young ones like Nick, come with some special needs. He's smart but there is a long road between here and seeing his potential. It's going to mean a bit less flying than I've been up to but Nick and I are in this for the long haul.

My thanks to everyone who contributes time, personal airplane transit, financially, and homes to these great animals.

ccsmith51
09-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Thank you for rescuing. A month ago my wife and I adopted an eight month old Boxer puppy from Florida Boxer Rescue. He had a hard life, but he is adjusting well. I hope you will be happy with your new best pal, we sure are with ours!!

Captain_John
09-16-2012, 05:30 PM
My thanks to everyone who contributes time, personal airplane transit, financially, and homes to these great animals.

Glen, Michele says that it was 3 hours of her day today! She transported a GSP in her car today to it's new owner!

Glad to see that yo have a new doggie! Wyatt and I will be down to say hello soon!!!

Congrats!!!

:) CJ

humptybump
09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
CJ, you are always welcome. There's "always room at the Inn".

My RV-8 is not well suited to rescue missions but I will do what I can to pay back to the extended community.

tkatc
09-17-2012, 06:05 AM
Congrats, Glen!

Should have mentioned it...I could have flown Nick for you.

Can you teach Nick to pick some numbers? He just hit the lottery and I could use some of his luck!