What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

are both Rocket mfg defunct?

brian

Well Known Member
I believe the F1 Rocket maker went out of business. What about Harmon? Are they still in business? Is it a part-time business?

The Harmon web site contains rather minimal information, and none on the details I was seeking - like exactly what RV parts does one need to order from Van's in order to begin Harmon's HRII or HRIII kit? The materials lists are dated 2010, so I wonder if the pricing has changed from what's listed. The "email us" button on the "contact us" page is not a hot link (doesn't do anything). Yesterday, I called the phone number listed, but no one answered. I left a vmail, but no reply yet.

Does anyone know if Harmon is still in business and/or exactly what one gets from Van's to mate with the Harmon parts? Do the Van's parts plus Harmon parts result in a complete airframe? Is this documented anywhere?

thanks,
brian

Yes and No...

Brian,

Both avenues for building Rocket variations are semi-open depending on what you want. The Harmon Rocket can still be built and the website has been recently refreshed, however it gets random updates. The HR2 assumes purchasing an RV4 kit from Van and removing/replacing the specific parts from the Harmon parts list. http://www.harmonrocket.com/#!vstc1=parts-and-materials John Harmon and most of the HR2 crowd (including me) monitor, post and respond on the Matronics Rocket List.

The F-1 kit hasn't been in production for quite some time although unfinished existing kits are out there. I'm sure Mark Frederick would be happy to chat with you concerning their status. He posts here occasionally and you can contact him the same way through his Team Rocket Blog http://www.teamrocketaircraft.com/contact/index.php or by sending F1 Boss a PM here.

Persistence...

Smokey

Last edited:
There is an updated F1 Rocket in the works and Mark is taking deposits before beginning production. Check with the boss for details.

Back