What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

anyone with an RV-9 want some company flying?

My home airport is KABE (allentown, PA). Is there anyone in the region that would like some company flying an RV9? I'm happy to share costs.

I'm not looking for instruction, just a chance to see how they fly. I've never been in an RV yet.

If you fly in one it will eventually cost you $70,000 to $80,000 because then you'll want to build one or buy one already flying.

Welcome

My home airport is KABE (allentown, PA). Is there anyone in the region that would like some company flying an RV9? I'm happy to share costs.

I'm not looking for instruction, just a chance to see how they fly. I've never been in an RV yet.

Chris,
Come to 39N hangar #3 this Friday around 10 am. I am on a mission and have empty seat ;)

What a great response, thanks! I'm used to other forums where a question like this would sit for 2 weeks.

Chris,
Come to 39N hangar #3 this Friday around 10 am. I am on a mission and have empty seat ;)

I will do my best, I will need to see if I can re-arrange some plans, but will confirm via PM by tomorrow, thanks!

Be careful bikesandcars. I bet that Russian is on a spy mission and that makes you an accomplice.:D

If more then one person knows about the mission it's not a secret anymore Jim :D I suspect somebody here on VAF has an idea but he is too busy at work and doesn't read the forums :)

If more then one person knows about the mission it's not a secret anymore Jim :D I suspect somebody here on VAF has an idea but he is too busy at work and doesn't read the forums :)

Hopefully someone clue's me in... at minimum so I don't have to explain to my SigO: "I'm going flying with a guy I don't know on a secret mission"

After reading all of Vlad's stories, it is unknown what the mission may hold. They are all different, but VERY entertaining. However, knowing him, you may end up on a beach in California or somewhere else fun!

You'll definitely have an adventure with Vlad ...

I'm down at KPTW and would be happy to take you out in my 9 if you survive Vlad's mission!:D

I'm down at KPTW and would be happy to take you out in my 9 if you survive Vlad's mission!:D

Mark if Chris rides with you that's the 100K ride :)

Chris there are two more flying 9s in the area but they are not on VAF.

Mark if Chris rides with you that's the 100K ride :)

Chris there are two more flying 9s in the area but they are not on VAF.

What the heck, if I'm 80K in what's another 20K... is what I would say if I was better off. ;)

Not to divert the thread too much, but beyond my selfish motivations of wanting to build a kit for myself, I'm part of a flying club that is considering purchasing a built RV-9. Good idea? Bad Idea?

Unfortunately I can't do this Friday, but next Friday is good and my weekend schedule after Labor day is more open. Lets keep chatting and thanks a lot for all of the responses

Last edited:
Back