What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Senders

Wills_9A

Before I complete my fuel tanks, I just have a quick question for those of you using engine monitoring systems. I plan to use the new Dynon Engine monitoring system or some other similar all-in-one glass type system. Until now, I have just assumed that these would require the capacitance fuel senders instead of the float type. Of course I ordered this style and maybe I did not think it through properly. Before, I rivet and proseal my way into a corner, am I correct or am I completely off base?

Some of the systems, like EI or ACS can use either. You should decide on your monitoring system before you close up the tanks with the capacitance senders. I'm sure the mfg. you decide on can best tell you what senders you can use.

I used EI and used the floats. They are fine, they just don't register the first 5 gallons used . I just cal them for 16 gallons. Once they start going down, they are very accurate.

Roberta

I believe the Dynon engine monitor can use either fuel sender. If you use the capacitance sender you need to get a converter that changes the capacitance reading to voltage. The Dynon (as well as others) expects 0-5vdc input for fuel senders.

Back