What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTR: Hangar in R.I.

Omega232Devils

Well Known Member
Well it is time to leave sunny California and head Northeast for a year! I have a spot in a large community hangar at Providence (KPVD) reserved, but was hoping someone would have a lead on a smaller hangar, possibly closer to Newport, (Quonset State (KOQU))?:D

Looking to start renting August 1st. (Post OSHKOSH!!!)

Thanks,

Dan

RI is such a small state a hanger anywhere would work. anyways, westerly is usually advertising for space. there is another rver at quonset so there may be help there. that is one big airport with a nice airshow every summer. good luck. see you in the air this summer. drop me a PM or email with your info so we can do some flying. block island here we come.
ptown.jpg

Turbo this is not Block this is Cape Cod. You should not leave for FL this coming winter :D

Hi Dan,

I was speaking to Alan Andrade yesterday, Director of Operations for Rhode Island Airport Corportation who run all 5 RI airports, about hangar space for you this summer. He placed calls to the airport managers at Quonset and North Central to inquire about space for you - neither Block Island nor Newport have any private hangars. There are only 10 private hangars at Quonset, and all of them are full - I have been asking around on your behalf. I spoke to Paul Smith, who indicated that he could "find a place for you" - in a corner of the large public hangar for the summer. He said it would probably be around $400/month. His cell is 401-639-niner-zero-4-ate.

Good Luck!

Thanks much

Noah,
Thanks for shopping around for me. I really appreciate it. I have a spot in a community hangar at Providence reserved at this time for $308/mo, but was hoping for a T-Hangar or shared hangar and closer if at all possible. I am learning hangars are few and far between there. I spoke with paul a few weeks ago and he said he was full. I will give him another call.

If anything comes up, please let me know. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Dan

Back