What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Such a Deal!

Rick6a

Well Known Member
Years ago, I paid nearly $200 for my first cordless...a "Milwaukee"....a model that has long since been discontinued...and no economical replacement battery for it is available. I paid $140 for my 14.4V DeWalt and I use it all the time, but it is at the airport and anyone who has tools at the airport and tools at home know how frustrating it can sometimes be when you need a tool NOW and you happen to be at the opposite location.

This morning I stumbled upon this cordless at Sams for the mind blowing price of $39.87. It is less expensive than just one replacement battery for my Milwaukee...if I could find one.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought that rig last year at Sam's and I have used it for everything! Excellent tool. Even if it died tomorrow, I've gotten my 40 bucks out of it, and it still operates like new....

I too have my first cordless drill/driver from Makita...and the batteries are outs sight....

Paul

I have had the same drill for a year+, works just fine, NiCad batteries not Lithium.

My only complaint is the batteries dont hold a charge long sitting on the shelf.

I have now passed the drill on to my kid, got a new LiPo powered unit for myself.

BTW, best availability and price I have found for older Makita batteries is on Amazon.

www.batteriesplus.com....

....will make up a battery for you. I have a Porter Cable cordless drill and it's batteries won't hold a charge hardly. The service center is near Augusta...a big city, so you should be able to find them.

BTW...same deal on Dynon batteries...you can get them for a third of what Dynon gets and solder the proper connectors from the ones you take out to the new batteries,

Best,

Back