What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weeping brake resevoirs

rv8bldr

Well Known Member
Hi folks

I have those brake resevoirs from ACS that attach directly on the brake master cylinders. Since day one they have been weeping brake fluid. Not much, but after cleaining it up, a few days later there is a small trail of brake fluid on the floor of my -8. I have tried everything to stop the weeping, including Loctite Teflon sealant around the fitting into the cylinder, and around the 90 degree AN fitting that attaches to the braided brake line itself.

Has anyone else had this problem with these resevoirs ? Did you fix it ? What's the trick ?

Thanks in advance,

I have the same set up and did have a small leak on the left one. I think that the reservoir was filled too full. As you move the pedals forward and back, the fluid can leak out of the filler plug a little as it sloshes around. I took some of the fluid out (not much) and I haven't noticed any more leaks.
This may or may not be your problem, but worth a try.

rv8bldr said:
Hi folks

I have those brake resevoirs from ACS that attach directly on the brake master cylinders. Since day one they have been weeping brake fluid. Not much, but after cleaining it up, a few days later there is a small trail of brake fluid on the floor of my -8. I have tried everything to stop the weeping, including Loctite Teflon sealant around the fitting into the cylinder, and around the 90 degree AN fitting that attaches to the braided brake line itself.

Has anyone else had this problem with these resevoirs ? Did you fix it ? What's the trick ?

Thanks in advance,

Proseal... The wonder sealant

Back