What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newbie from Snohomish

Flienlow

Any RV drivers around KPAE/S-43? I would really like the opportunity to take a look at the different RV models and get to know the folks that have built them and learn what their experiences were.

Thank you.

S43

There is an active Eaa chapter at Harvey airport S43. They have a club house on the field.

They's a lot of them at Arlington (AWO). On a sunny saturday you can't swing a dead cat without hittin' one.

So I have heard. However, I feel it would be best if I was invited by someone. I have dropped into AWO a few times and it seems I never find people there when I was looking. I wouldn?t feel right being a stranger to just invite myself over to someone's investment they spent hours working on. I feel my intent might be misunderstood. I am sure the folks over there are more than happy to display and talk about their airplanes, but I have done that in the past and folks are naturally busy and it seems you just get in someone?s way doing that.
Also, if I was invited by someone, I would know what I was going to look at beforehand. ect

Hope that makes sense?

Makes Sense

Sounds reasonable, but rarely do the folks I have come in contact with mind having someone come up and start talking. You are free to stop by and see mine. I have a -12 and have just started (well, took over from my Dad) a -9 tail kit. Carl, three hangars down from me has an -8. There is a -6A in the hangar right next to me and another in the hangar behind me, though I haven't seen either of those folks for a while.

My hangar is right behind the gas pumps so there are most of the folks stopping by for gas throughout the day.

I think there is at least one RV based at S43, but I don't know the guy by name or where he might keep it.

I will probably be out flying during the day tomorrow, but should be back in the afternoon if you wanted to stop by.

look at more than RV's !

very eductional to look in EVERY open hangar, or intimately acquaint yourself with other brands as well.
Probably the best thing I ever did was get several rides and talk with builders and operators of a couple of Glastars. Heck you can do the factory tour and see the 2-weeks to financial ruin workshop as well!
Great planes, but part of the process that convinced me that I really wanted an RV. ( actually, I want one of each, but have the rest of my money tied up in a stupid house!)

Flienlow,

The EAA chapter president at Harvey is a mechanical engineer at Dynon. If you private message me with your email or phone#, our just call us at Dynon 425-402-0433 and ask for David, he'll be happy to personally invite you!

-Robert
Dynon Marketing

Back