What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Off to Madrid!

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Just in case there are any RV builder's/Flyers in the Madrid (Spain) region, I am headed that way for the week - have to give some talks at the Technical University there. Not sure if I'll have any spare time in what they have scheduled for me, but you never know. I might be checking PM's if I find an internet connection.

Paul

The Prado, Valley of the Dead and Deep Space Network

You probably have already been there but I have some possible points of interest. The Prado art museum, when you walk in someone will offer to be your guide - I recommend it. The underground church at the valley of the dead is extremely impressive (well it was to us). The 1/3rd of Deep Space Network on that side of the world is nearby. We used it for commanding all the time but even though Jeanine and I visited Madrid I never saw it (nor the 1/3rd in Australia either for that matter - only Goldstone).

One culture shock for us - Man those people eat late! Restaurants open around 9PM.

Bob Axsom

Don't worry about to find good restaurants here in Madrid. And, yes, we breakfast, lunch and dinner later than you, but we never see the time to go to sleep... I am sending a PM.

Paul,

If you get some time free. Javier Del Cid is an RV-8 builder in Spain. Great guy. If he doesn't respond to this post, pm or email me and I'll pass along his contact info.

He's currently a squadron CO in Eurofighters for SpanishAF and is nearing first flight on his -8.

Enjoy Madrid,

Tim

Back