What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's oil pressure gauge

Build9A

Well Known Member
Noticed when I was flying home that the oil pressure guage quit working (115 hrs. SN). Oil temp and CHT were performing normal. Since I was almost (5 mins) home I continued. Recent history of this oil pressure guage: a few times oil pressure would not come up, I would shut down, restart and it would work and continue working. I started up today; it worked fine. I'm going to check the ground tomorrow to see if there is a bad connection. If the problem is the Vans guage, what is a good replacement that will work with the same sender? Any other suggestions for troubleshooting or replacement would be appreciated. thanks, Jack

Contact Van's, they will send you a new gauge. I had the same problem after 300 hrs.

Pete

Fluctuating Oil Pressure

I have been struggleing with what I think is a gauge sender problem and not a engine problem. What I see is normal oil pressure at 1200-2400 rpms but when I hit 2500-2550 my pressure drops to around 45 psi and when I go through this point ex. 2550-2700 it comes right back up to normal 75 psi. I can depend on my pressure droping any time I see the 2500-2550 range. I think I will call Vans and see what they think I should do. I have changed out the sender with a new one and I thought my problem had gone away. Plus today I changed oil, clean the screan and took the oil pressure relief valve apart. I cut the filter and it looked good. I have a high time engine and a fixed pitch prop.

Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
N24YW

Back