What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for tray screws

Jamie

Well Known Member
Anyone have the flat-head screws for mounting the d-sub connector to the back of a GX-50 tray? This seems to be the same for all of the Gramin AT trays. The documentation says the screws are 4-40 x 3/8 flat heads (I'm assuming they're 100 degree countersinks). Can't find them anywhere! Usual sources don't pan out (pun intended).

Last edited:
Not 100 degree?

Jamie.. at that size they are probably 82 degree commercial countersunk screws...

Buy a bag of 4-40 countersunk screws from Home Depot and see if the fit in the tray.

gil in Tucson

Last edited:
Jamie said:
...flat-head screws...Usual sources don't pan out...
Jamie, McMaster-Carr will rarely disappoint. Go to their site and type in 'screws' and follow the choices, or try item number 91771A108 (which I just quickly located, so please check me before ordering!). They ship quickly and accurately.

I checked the McMaster-Carr site. I've ordered from there before but didn't even think of looking there for this. Yep...they're there but the part # seems to be 93085A108 for those that may be looking for some. The # Alan mentioned is the 82 degree variety.

Thanks guys! VAF never dissapoints either!

Clleaveland

http://www.cleavelandtoolstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=WHS220

They supply #4 screws as part of this kit and I think they are also available without the rest of the kit.

h

Back