What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV folks in Maui?

N363RV

Well Known Member
Hello,

My wife and I will be in Maui beginning Wed Feb 1st to Sunday Feb 5th. Are there are any RV folks in the area that would be willing take my wife and I up for a little joy ride around the island? You fly I'll buy!! We would love to make your acquaintance. Amanda is there on business. I'm there to play.

If there is an interest, please call.. 817-six nine one-1000 any time.

Thanks!

No place for private planes on Maui?

I have heard that if you own a small plane and plan to keep it on Maui, there are simply no accommodations for it. Everything is geared for The Airlines and Commercial Operators.

Steve Barnes

Helicopter?

The last time we were there, there were helicopter tours available. I chose not to go because of price - bad choice,

Bob Axsom

Rent a 172 with instructor

I was in Maui last October and checked around on options/prices for flying. I chose to rent a 172 with instructor and flew around Maui County (3 islands) - 2 hrs at about $500 for wife and I. Cheaper than a helicopter, go where you want to go, and fly the plane start to finish...

Originally wanted to get checked out and fly the route myself but glad I did not and used instructor for the full flight. He was a wealth of knowledge and entertaining tour guide. I certainly would not have found Lindbergh's grave without the instructor on board. Did a touch-n-go on Molokai near the leper colony.

Be sure to fly in the morning - the trade winds are a bit gusty after noon...

I was in Maui last October and checked around on options/prices for flying. I chose to rent a 172 with instructor and flew around Maui County (3 islands) - 2 hrs at about $500 for wife and I. Cheaper than a helicopter, go where you want to go, and fly the plane start to finish...

Originally wanted to get checked out and fly the route myself but glad I did not and used instructor for the full flight. He was a wealth of knowledge and entertaining tour guide. I certainly would not have found Lindbergh's grave without the instructor on board. Did a touch-n-go on Molokai near the leper colony.

Be sure to fly in the morning - the trade winds are a bit gusty after noon...

+1
We rented from John Muralt at Maui Aviators. He also has a PA-28.
http://www.mauiaviators.com/

Maui Aviators

+1 for Maui Aviators at PHOG. I also did the 172 ride around the islands and had a great time. As I recall, about 2+ hours and an instructor was about $420, but it's been several years.

The last time we were there, there were helicopter tours available. I chose not to go because of price - bad choice,
Bob Axsom

I agree that it was a bad choice.
Ann & I did the helicopter tour of Maui. Yes it was expensive, but it was well worth it!

I'm actually in Maui right now (for another two weeks) and the number of small aircraft like 172's flying the south island per day, I could count on two hands.
I was on The Big Island for a week too and saw even less small a/c traffic. I have, as many have, taken the A Star Helicoper tour.
It is expensive, but really worth it.
Aloha :D

Back