What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-1 Photos - Work Days #10,11,12

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Another great 3-day weekend at RV-Central. AOPA PILOT Technical Editor, Mike Collins, visited the project and interviewed all the volunteers present - he also put his camera and pad down for a while and got his hands dirty working in the RV-1.

Boomer's report on projects completed and/or started: (1) Gear leg fairings- minor work still needed, (2) Instrument panel- in and hooked up, (3) New exhaust pipes and hangers- done, (4) Crankcase vent tube- done, (5) Carb inlet box- done, (6) Wiring and battery box- complete, (7) Firewall mostly sealed- just a few holes to go, (8) Bottom ramp- sealed, (9) Carb air inlet hose- complete (10) Wheel Pants- off to paint, (11) Canopy- off to paint, (12) Canopy hinge- adjusted, (13) Baffles- almost complete... will complete job after the cowl is fit to front.

Update >> on happenings after the weekend gathering - Danny King and Walt Aronow have been busy... Danny installed the new spark plugs donated by Tina's Pilot Shop and installed and tested the ignition harness. Walt completed the installation of the instrument panel and all aircraft wiring. Prop should be delivered Friday which will get this weekend's work off to a running start. We're getting close!

Click on photo for link to Picasa Album >>>

I'll complete the album captions soon... I hope!

Last edited:
Great shots as usual Ernie!

I am wondering how many folks will notice the "temporary" fuel line inlet fitting t the cabeurator...don't worry folks - it has been replaced with steel - the blue one was there as a placeholder!

Paul

Can't wait to see the story AOPA runs! For those of us too far away to actually visit, I'm looking forward to reading this.

Can't wait to see the story AOPA runs! For those of us too far away to actually visit, I'm looking forward to reading this.

While you wait for that, you can pick up the March "Kitplanes" when it comes out....you'll find the story of how we found the RV-1 and got it started on the road to restoration.

Nice article in Kitplanes

Paul,
That was a great article in Kitplanes. It was nice to catch up on the history of the project. I'm proud to know you and all the other fine RV family members that I've met the past few months. Great work!

will

Back