What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel gauge and Skyview EMS

kai

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect the RV-9A Fuel Sender to the traditional Fuel Gauge and in parralel to the Skyview EMS?
Or does the internal resistance of the units prevent an accurate reading?

Thanks,

Kai.

Hello Kai,

I have a skyview system, and have not found the need as yet to put backup fuel displays in.
A friend has a dynon D180 that we setup with a switch so you could see the level on the D180 or the Vans displays. The switch was needed as the normal sender in the the vans fuel tank kits are resistive, so you will have the wrong level shown if you have them in parallel.

Hello Jamie,

thats what i also thought, that you will get a wrong reading when you connect them in parallel.
My Partner wants to have also the old gauges, I don?t need them. I think Skyview is much more accurate due to the fact that is is possible to calibrate.

Thanks,

Kai.

Oil pressure

My question is kind of similar; can I connect two wires to my oil pressure sending unit, one for the efis anf the other for a traditional round oil pressure guage? I want to see oil press. right away, the way mine is set up now is once engine start happens I have to boot up the efis before I see oil press., sometimes the efis will error on boot up and I have to recycle it, thus I will see a delay in seeing if I have oil press.

My question is kind of similar; can I connect two wires to my oil pressure sending unit, one for the efis anf the other for a traditional round oil pressure guage? I want to see oil press. right away, the way mine is set up now is once engine start happens I have to boot up the efis before I see oil press., sometimes the efis will error on boot up and I have to recycle it, thus I will see a delay in seeing if I have oil press.

As far as I remember the oil Pres unit works the same way as the fuel. You will get the wrong reading if wired in parallel.

I have my Skyview turned on before I do a start so I can see the oil pres.
You could also use a switch to select vans or Efis from the Oil sender wire.

Thats why I still have an oil pressure switch/idiot light, if all the glass goes dark I still know the engine is OK.

Back