What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel pressure on injection engine.

rtl_flyer

I have a Superior IO-360 engine fitted to a Vans RV7 with an Advanced AF-2500 engine monitor.

I have plumbed the system with the fuel pressure sensor taking the reading from the output of the mechanical pump.

I notice there is a position to sense the fuel pressure from the flow divider.

Am I wrong? My question is where should the fuel pressure reading be taken?

a) from the flow divider - if so the reading will be the pressure 'wanted' by the engine.
b) After the mechanical fuel pump before the injection servo - the reading will be the pressure 'supplied'.

So which one do I really need? What the pressure in the system is or the pressure available to the engine?

Interested to hear opinion........

rtl_flyer said:
I have a Superior IO-360 engine fitted to a Vans RV7 with an Advanced AF-2500 engine monitor.

I have plumbed the system with the fuel pressure sensor taking the reading from the output of the mechanical pump.

I notice there is a position to sense the fuel pressure from the flow divider.

Am I wrong? My question is where should the fuel pressure reading be taken?

a) from the flow divider - if so the reading will be the pressure 'wanted' by the engine.
b) After the mechanical fuel pump before the injection servo - the reading will be the pressure 'supplied'.

So which one do I really need? What the pressure in the system is or the pressure available to the engine?

Interested to hear opinion........
Tim,
Your main interest here is that the supply pump is working correctly, a situation that would be clouded by the variability in pressure caused by throttle and mixture position if sensed at the flow divider.
That might be an "interesting" parameter but not the one you really NEED.
-mike

The gauge port on the flow divider is for metered fuel pressure sometimes use to drive a pressure type fuel flow gauge. You want to sense the un-metered fuel pressure and where you have taken it off is a good location for that input.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Back