What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

XP-400 in RV-10

GuppyBob

Howdy all....my buddy has contacted me and is thinking about building an RV-10. He was wondering if anyone is planning on using the 210 hp. Superior XP-400 engine? Any -10 drivers or builders out :D there willing to share their thoughts???

Too new?

I think the engine may be too new for anyone to comment. My understanding is that engine was only recently announced and won't be available until later in the year. Superior has published little to no information on the engine other than their press release. I am leaning towards an IO-390 for my -7, but the 400 will most certainly be a compelling alternative. I'll definately be looking for more info on the 400 at OSH.... after all, there's no replacement for displacement! :)

Last edited:
Same HP, pretty much the same engine. I almost think that Superior we for the extra cubes simply to say they had it... wait, I know they did.

Xp-400

It would be intersting to see the prototype, which I understand has not been built yet.

Rhonda Barrett-Bewley
Barrett Precision Engines, Inc.
Tulsa, OK

Back