What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RVers in Scotland?

flybill7

Well Known Member
I'm just in the planning stages of a weeklong visit to Scotland in Sep12 with the better half and was hoping to get some advice on what to do in the seven days I will have. I'll be flying in to Glasgow and renting a car. Any good aviation museums worth seeing? Also any RVer that wants some free flying time Avgas is on me. Perhaps we could work a reciprocal deal if you are ever in Maryland.

Forwarded onto the UK site - if you register, there will be loads of guys able to help. I am 200 miles south of Glasgow unfortunately.

I do have friends in Maryland though - Chuck and Lil at Harford County, Belair. Good people and will be down with us at S & F next year.

I'll bite...

OK, if you can cope with leisurely aviation you get the offer of a ride in an RV12 for a start.

I'm based at Scone airport, Perth, best part of an hour from Glasgow. Perth is the biggest GA airfield in Scotland by a country mile, so you need to include this in your itinerary.

Happy to continue the discussion on-line, or off-line.

[email protected]

Cheers...Keith

Not too much in the way of museums that I know of, but you may be interested in East Lothian.

When the weather's good, there's some fabulous flying/hiking/sight-seeing country around the Wesh Highlands and Islands. Flying up the Great Glen (Nessy spotting) is a rite of passage, as is landing at Barra 'Airport' in the outer Hebrides (Google it).

The midges shouldn't be biting too much by September, but insect repellant could still come in handy.

Back