What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Builder network in San Diego

esco

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm looking for builders in San Diego County - ideally North County - I can talk to as I prepare for my own 9a build.

I have the preview plans kit, an EAA membership, and will attend SportAir "sheet Metal Basics" at Flabob; right now I'd like to see what others use for work areas, tools (will an oil-free compressor work in the suburbs?), equipment, etc.

I'll build at home, with final assembly, test, and storage site decisions down the road, but I'm wondering where to hangar. Ramona seems builder-friendly; anyone working at Oceanside, Carlsbad, or Fallbrook?

Thanks!

I'm in Ramona (at my home, not the airport) and deep into the finish kit on my RV-9A. Be happy to meet and talk.

I'm contemplating doing the electronics workshop at Flabob... I did the RV assembly class and it was very helpful for someone with absolutely no build experience.

roee, bruce

Roee:

emailed reply.

Bruce:

I saw your website earlier, searching for 9a information; didn't realize you were local. Good to hear an endorsement on the SportAir class. I don't want to hold up your progress, but if it I could, I'd like to visit the airplane factory.

thanks!

ron

Back