What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

9/11 memorial formation flight.

AX-O

Well Known Member
We conducted a formation flight on Saturday in support of the local 9/11 memorial. The town of Ridgecrest, CA is mainly composed of people that directly support the war and security efforts. The town hosts a parade during the week of 9/11 called the parade of 1,000 flags. Over 1,000 people walk down the main strip carrying flags. All the flags are then placed in a park.

This year I had the honor of participating from the sky. We put together a flight of 4 RVs and also "walked" down the main strip. Our callsign was Memorial Flight. I requested to carry a few flags (we all did). The event went very well from the ground and air. I was told that every time the flight went show center, everyone cheered and clapped. I was also told that during the missing man many people started crying and some were speechless.

It was emotionally draining for me however, very especial. I would like to thank Sun Block (#2), Wingnut (#3) and Rosie (#4) for the excellent performance. It is the talk of the town and will be for a long time.

Sorry, no air pics yet.

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

Last edited:
WOW

Axel,
Well done to all the Flight!
The FLAGS strapped in-in back was an especially nice touch!
Thanks for doing the flight and sharing it with us through photos.
Wishing I was there to have seen it. I certianly understand spectators weeping and being speehless while viewing. I was consumed with PRIDE just reading about and viewing the photos.
Thanks Again.

Back