What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

single PMag plug wiring

algrajek

Well Known Member
Does anyone have an opinion on how to wire the spark plugs with one Mag and one PMag?
PMag to just Bottom or top? Or just like the Mags, with 2 to the top plugs and 2 to the bottom Plugs?
Thanks
AL

The recommendation is Pmag top regular mag bottom. Something to do with flame propagation.

Al: My new Pmag (114) came with the auto plug wires attached and cut to length and booted for top left and lower right. The Pmag seems to function well in that configuration with all the advertised improvements. It has 90 hours in service now. Dan

Does anyone have an opinion on how to wire the spark plugs with one Mag and one PMag?
PMag to just Bottom or top? Or just like the Mags, with 2 to the top plugs and 2 to the bottom Plugs?
Thanks
AL
You probably will find every possible combination works. I ran my single pmag on the bottom because it seemed the lower plugs fouled easier when I had two regular magnetos. In this configuration I did have no further plug fouling.
Now, I have dual pmags, one up and one down.

Back