PDA

View Full Version : Trutrak Basic Servo B Current draw

kens_cockpit
05-09-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm doing a load analysis for my electrical system. I've got the Trutrak Basic Servos installed for roll and pitch. Anyone know what the current these draw? haven't been able to get a response from Trutrak

Ken Stanton
RV8QB

dan
05-09-2006, 08:56 AM
It's in the installation manual:
The autopilot itself draws less than 0.5 ampere. Most of
the current required by the autopilot system is used by the servos (up to 1A per servo).

kens_cockpit
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks. No wonder Trutrak didn't give me a reply. They already gave me the info in the manual. I thought I had read it carefully a number of times but I missed the bit quoted. Sorry to waste your time.

dan
05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Not a waste at all. As a point of interest, I can see my ammeter indicate higher current draw (or at least the alternator is "working harder") with higher activity & torque settings on the TruTrak. I have never measured the isolated current draw of just the autopilot, but you can see the draw go up a couple of tenths of an amp when you increase the activity/torque.

Anyway, something to keep in mind, that what you may see in actuality as far as current draw is concerned will probably vary based on the settings you prefer.