What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak Basic Servo B Current draw

kens_cockpit

Well Known Member
I'm doing a load analysis for my electrical system. I've got the Trutrak Basic Servos installed for roll and pitch. Anyone know what the current these draw? haven't been able to get a response from Trutrak

Ken Stanton
RV8QB

It's in the installation manual:
The autopilot itself draws less than 0.5 ampere. Most of
the current required by the autopilot system is used by the servos (up to 1A per servo).

Thanks. No wonder Trutrak didn't give me a reply. They already gave me the info in the manual. I thought I had read it carefully a number of times but I missed the bit quoted. Sorry to waste your time.

Not a waste at all. As a point of interest, I can see my ammeter indicate higher current draw (or at least the alternator is "working harder") with higher activity & torque settings on the TruTrak. I have never measured the isolated current draw of just the autopilot, but you can see the draw go up a couple of tenths of an amp when you increase the activity/torque.

Anyway, something to keep in mind, that what you may see in actuality as far as current draw is concerned will probably vary based on the settings you prefer.

Back